Oculoplastics, also known as oculoplastic surgery, is a specialized field of medicine that deals with surgical procedures on the eye and the surrounding structures. These structures include the eyelids, tear ducts and parts of the face. Oculoplastic surgeons are specialized ophthalmologists who have undergone additional fellowship training.
The Eye Clinic in Lake Charles, LA offers a range of oculoplastic services. Learn more about the conditions we treat by calling 337-478-3810.
Oculoplastic surgery can provide relief for numerous conditions. The conditions we treat include:
- Dermatochalasis: excess skin of the eyelids that interferes with vision
- Ptosis: drooping of the eyelid that interferes with vision
- Blepharospasms/Hemi facial spasms: uncontrolled eyelid movements
- Dacryostenosis: blocked tear ducts
- Eyelid malposition: eyelids turned outward or inward
The treatments and procedures we perform include:
- Ptosis repair
- Entropion and ectropion repair
- Therapeutic Botox
- Enucleation or evisceration
- Eyelid skin cancer reconstruction
Find out how our oculoplastic surgeon can help you by contacting our Lake Charles, LA office today.